sm0kefumes: Worth it Wednesday #1

Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Worth it Wednesday #1


Hello my lovelies! Welcome to my first ever 'Worth it Wednesday?' Today i'll be reviewing the Mac lipstick in the colour Russian red.

Red is my favorite colour to wear on my lips because I have a very pale complexion with blue eyes, so I find that red really draws out the blue in my eyes.  So because red is my favorite colour to wear on my lips, I thought I would treat myself to my first ever high-end lipstick! I'm so glad that I picked a M.A.C lipstick to be my first ever high end lipstick, especially this colour.


Russian red is a matte finish however it can be slightly drying if you don't use a lipbalm under the lipstick and throughout the day. The lipstick looks so lovely and velvety if you apply it under a lipliner with a lip balm! This is a blue red, which will compliment more cool tones (pink toned girls this is one for you!), it will also make your teeth look whiter, woohoo! This lipstick DOES.NOT.BUDGE, you can eat, drink and kiss everything in sight and by the end of the day your lipstick will still be neatly in place. Which is a deal breaker for me as I often have long days where I'm not able to touch up every hour.

At first M.A.C lipsticks can appear quite pricey, however I've had this for almost a year and I have quite a bit left considering I use this at least once a week! M.A.C lipsticks in general are definitely worth the price for the quality and longevity, not to mention the beautiful range of colours and finishes that mac offer. If you feel matte colours are too drying or are not your thing then they layer beautifully with a gloss. I like to top my Russian red with the E.L.F studio glossy gloss in 'Merry Cherry' it adds a beautiful colour and a beautiful glossy finish.

M.A.C Russian red can be purchased here for £15.

IS IT WORTH IT!?
In my opinion it IS worth it! The quality and longevity of the lipstick is completely worth the price tag! If you're looking for a decent quality red lipstick I would definitely pick this!

I hope you enjoyed my first 'Worth it wednesday?', please leave feedback, it would mean a lot to me! Also let me know if there is anything you'd like to see in future 'Worth it wednesday's?'

2 comments :

  1. Hey I really love your blog!! I really want to try out this lipstick now!
    Followed you on bloglovin, follow back maybe?:)

    beautybyellaxo.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou darling! hehe you're too kind. Deffo go for it! I'm a sucker for mac lipsticks! I'll check your blog out darling, I'm sure it's amazing!

      Emma xx

      Delete